Each Sunday night I reflect back on the week and journal about my ‘highs’ and ‘lows.’
Lately I’ve been having epic weeks and I find myself scribbling pages of inspiration, key learnings and gratitude.
But on Sunday night, I was struggling.
All week I had this really low vibe that I couldn’t shake!
As a result of this low vibe my perception was certainly jaded and I didn’t take note of the many ‘highs’ I had experienced including getting a heap of important work done, exercising regularly, helping to a host a successful Pink Morning Tea, receiving some stellar testimonials from clients and having a great night out with my Dragon Boat friends at the famous China Club.
Unfortunately my low energy and the ‘lows’ that followed showered negativity over all of those ‘highs.’
My sister and I closed our designer handbag label, I was home alone for the week with a headache I couldn’t shake and then I had some major things go wrong in my apartment (including not being able to shower for 36 hours…which isn’t ideal in Hong Kong’s humidity).
I know these ‘lows’ aren’t earth shattering but because I wasn’t vibrating on a high frequency my week felt less than great.
Where did these lows come from?
Now, I was terrible at physics but I do remember that everything in the Universe is made up of energy and this energy vibrates and different levels and frequencies.
Also, according to the Law of Attraction, energy follows your thoughts and what you focus on you get more of.
So if you’re a bit ‘woo-woo’ like me you’ll agree that your thoughts and feelings send out a vibration and universal energy matches your vibration by giving you more of the same.
If you put negative and low-vibed energy out into the world, guess what you’ll get back in return?
So with this in mind I realised my low vibrations were due to:
- Not being present – I was too focused on the future and everything I had to get done in the coming weeks that I didn’t enjoy anything I was actually doing
- Fuelled by fear – I was hung up on launching my introductory coaching package and terrified that it was going to be a big flop
- Coming from a place of lack – I was so focused on everything I didn’t have in my life (husband was away, closure of my business, sunny weather in Sydney, no working shower etc) that I squashed any chance of feeling abundant
- Not listening to my body – I pushed myself at yoga as I was competing with myself, I drank champagne all day Wednesday (it was a ‘work function’) despite already having a headache and I didn’t get enough sleep.
How I’m raising my vibrations
This week I’m going to have an amazing week and I’m committed to raising my vibrations by:
- Meditating – I’m going to really hone my meditation practice so I can be more mindful throughout the day
- Journaling – last week my journal writing was kind of non-existent and I didn’t take time to get everything out of my head and onto paper. I find having a ‘brain dump’ through journaling is so cleansing.
- Practicing gratitude – I’ll admit my gratitude practice was also average last week so this week I’m focusing on all the abundance I have in my life right now.
- Respecting my body – I’m going to nourish my body by detoxing this week. Am I thrilled about this? No. Do I need to do it? Yes.
This Monday Mantra did not turn out at all how I’d expected, but I hope you found my little monologue helpful?
I would love for you to tell me in the comments below, how are you going to raise your vibrations this week? Oh and if you feel like being my detox buddy I’ll love you forever!
If you liked this post and you’re keen for more tips and tricks on how you can lead an extraordinary life, sign up to my ‘Great Mail’ list below this post!