Over the last ten months I’ve been working really hard building up my blog, completing my Life Coaching qualification through the Beautiful You Coaching Academy and coaching a number of amazing pro-bono clients.
If you’re a part of my highly valued email tribe you’ll also know that I recently launched my first paid Coaching Package at a special introductory price.
I was pretty excited about this launch and I thought to myself, ‘I’m sure when I launch my paid package there will be people who want to pay me to help enhance their lives!’
Do you know what response I got?
Nothing. Nada. Crickets.
Stone cold silence in my inbox.
Of course I initially felt really deflated, upset and kind of silly.
‘Launching’ isn’t new to me. I’ve launched marketing campaigns in my corporate job, launched products for my own business, launched websites, events etc etc.
I know what the conversion statistics are and what you have to do in order to have a successful launch.
But this silence hit home because I’m essentially launching ‘me’ and my gifts, skills, experience and knowledge that I use to help others in a big and positive way.
This ‘radio-silence’ or lack of response REALLY stretched me as I was putting myself out there, and then it fell flat.
I was feeling pretty vulnerable to say the least.
Now I’m not sharing this so you feel sorry for me or to throw me a little ‘Pity Party.’
I’m sharing this because I want to show you that with the right mindset, self-confidence and having clarity around what you truly want in your life you CAN quickly pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take inspired ACTION!
So after refreshing my inbox for about the 153rd time and having multiple ‘Mean Girl’ thoughts including ‘I’m so useless, no one wants to coach with me,’ I took ACTION!
This is what I did:
- Listed down all my ‘Mean Girl’ or inner critic thoughts and questioned each one of them. Was there any truth behind these negative statements?
- Reconnected with my ‘Why.’ I journalled about what it is I truly want in life and from my business. This helped to re-ignite my inspiration and provide some much needed motivation!
- I practiced gratitude. Rather than thinking off all the paying clients I didn’t have, I listed down all the wonderful things I do have in my life…including all the incredibly amazing clients I’m working with at the moment and how much I’m learning and growing from the work we are doing together! (BIG LOVE TO YOU GUYS! x).
- I then looked at my business objectively and assessed where I could make improvements and the key is….I learned from these lessons.
- Then I took ACTION! And I’m still taking action.
So next time things don’t go your way or your expectations aren’t met, rather than wallowing in the negativity and having your own version of a ‘Pity Party’ I want you to take some time to assess the situation, lovingly work your way through it and then TAKE ACTION!
Over to you!
Have you ever felt extreme disappoint and really sorry for yourself? What did you do to pull yourself out of it? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!
Also, if you liked this post make sure you sign up to my ‘Great Mail’ newsletter where I share BTS insights and lots of inspiration PLUS I’ll send you a FREE copy of my fabulous eBook ‘Wanderlust!’
Just sign up below this post!